Seasoned web developer with over 8+ years of professional experience developing, implementing, and maintaining professional websites, and web applications. Has a penchant for high quality back-end projects, and professional WordPress plugin development. Direct, knowledgeable, and creative. Offers a unique combination of technical and creative skills that provide a high return on investment for clients and agencies alike.
Developed an entire Content Management System for my clients that manages products, blog posts, pages, users, RSS feeds, and much more. Built on the CodeIgniter MVC framework. Also, extensive WordPress knowledge and development.
Spanish as a second language.
Go Fish Digital
2017 – Present
Position: Sr. Web Developer
2016 – 2017
Position: Front-end Web Developer
- Worked with Fortune 500 client websites, including: Wells Fargo, Trulia, Lyft, Argo, and AAA
- Utilized Cornerstone (for SVN), Gulp, Bootstrap 3, and various jQuery plugins for front-end development of clients
UNC of Chapel Hill, RENCI (Renaissance Computing Institute)
2014 – 2016
Position: Web Master
- Developed a major, nationally recognized website for data science
- Secured, Enhanced, and Maintained company website(s), servers, etc.
- Developed WordPress plugins & themes for the benefit of company objectives
- Managed various project(s) that involved working with staff, students, and administrators
- Developed an interface to work with domains and organize department data
- Troubleshot several issues with websites, and servers
- Created web graphics for various company websites
- Worked with New Media Specialist, and Administrator to post latest news releases, and announcements for RENCI website, and other company websites. Additionally, we updated design elements, and content for all websites.
- Coordinated with New Media Specialist to effectively connect social media tools/services, and their respective RENCI websites
- Made use of Google Analytics to track and analyze web statistics
- Developed a front-end proof of concept for a company sub-project that will eventually be used for iRODS. This project demonstrated upload and management capabilities of company assets.
- Oversaw and managed web hosting services, including: Linux server administration/configuration, site migration, and troubleshooting
- Met with several different departments and discussed development of their particular website(s). Managed said projects, setup hosting accounts for project managers, and developed those particular website(s)
- Trained several people how to use and maintain their particular website
- Recommended several pieces of software, and development directions, that positively impacted department objectives
- Used a Macintosh laptop to do all required functions of this job description.
- Consistently maintained and worked with Linux as the foundation of the server technology that RENCI websites are hosted on.
Position: Web Developer/Designer
- Development of Mobile websites utilizing WordPress as a CMS
- Interacted with clients to fix issues, upgrade website, etc.
- Worked on city government website, and various e-commerce clients
Position: Digital Marketing Manager
- Utilized various graphic design programs like Photoshop, and Illustrator to create designs for websites.
- PHP/HTML/JS/etc. Development
- Web Marketing for clients
- Social Media management and marketing
- Optimized websites for search engine placement (SEO)
- Created traffic and analysis reports for clients, and for my superior
- Managed SEO writers
- Developed intranet site for a local bank
- Created and managed several e-commerce websites for clients
Position: Web Developer/Designer
Triad Search Marketing, LLC
Position: Web Development Specialist
William Beeler Web Solutions, LLC
- Propose internet strategy, web design, custom solutions, social media and e-commerce applications to prospective clients.
- Closing sales
- Administrate Linux VPS servers (experience with Ubuntu, & CentOS specifically)
- Administrate new clients.
- Train new clients and introduce them to e-mail, new applications, and content development techniques, both in English, and Spanish.
- Used Linux (Ubuntu) as a desktop to accomplish daily tasks and functions.
- Used Windows as a desktop to create graphics, work with websites, and design programs.
- Over 4+ years of college education…
- 2009 – Associates in Visual FX and Animation – Academy of Art University – San Francisco, CA
- 2006 – Completed Classes for Minor in Graphic Design – Cedarville University – Cedarville, OH
- 2006 – One Year Bible Certificate – Cedarville University – Cedarville, OH
- Low-Polygon Modeling Certificate – CG Society
- Modeling the Female Form with Steven Stahlberg – CG Society
- 24 Hour Medical Interpreting (Spanish/English) Training Certificate